Do your kindergartners or 1st graders struggle with numbers before and after? Try this math solve the room with a twist! Your kids will love it! The twist is that it works like a math scavenger hunt!
It’s a great review and practice! Plus, this math scavenger hunt will get your students up and moving!
The set-up and preparation for you are super easy and quick.
- A math scavenger hunt with 14 Solve the Room task cards
- A Bonus Mini-Set of 6 task cards for a shorter differentiated version – perfect for your lesson opener and guided practice, small groups, RTI groups, or special needs students
- A recording sheet for the 14-card set of numbers before and after
- A recording sheet for the 6-card mini-set of numbers before and after
- An answer key for the 14-card set
- An answer key for the 6-card mini-set
- Detailed teacher tips
- Student Instruction Page
- Organizational titles and tabs
How this Numbers Before and After-Solve the Room With a Twist Works:
Copy, cut the cards in half, and post the task cards around the room. Or, since students will be out of their seats for this solve the room activity, place the cards on students’ seats. That’s it for preparation! 😊
- Students start at any task card. Pairs of students can each start at a different card. It doesn’t matter with which card they begin.
- They read and solve the problem on that card.
- Then they locate that answer at the top of a different card and move to that card.
- They solve the new problem on that task card and locate that answer.
- Students continue this process until all problems are complete.
The questions and answers on the numbers before and after task cards are designed so that the answer to students’ last problem will be on the first problem they completed! So much fun!!
Students self-check themselves as they find their answers. This equals immediate feedback!
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this math scavenger hunt resource brings a bit of inspiration your way! If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs. You can always reach me at [email protected]
Thanks for taking your time to preview inside this resource!
Have fun Mathing!
***Just a friendly reminder that this product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc…is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work!
© All rights reserved. Leah Popinski @summathfun.com
There are no reviews yet.