Reviewing counting money skills doesn’t have to be humdrum! These counting money task cards are motivating and fun, yet challenging!
There are five differentiated levels so all of your students can be working on “Building a Snowman” at the same time and at their very own level.
⭐ The finished tasks make a great interactive winter bulletin board!
Students use their counting money skills, as well as problem-solving, to build a snowman equal to the given amount of money on each task card. They draw and color their snowman to show their solution to the challenge.
These counting money tasks are great for using the guess and check problem-solving strategy as well as reasoning!
The tasks are aligned to CCSS 2.MD.8 and CCSS Mathematical Practices.
►Here’s What’s Included in this counting money resource:
• 5 different Snowman Posters with costs for individual items to build a snowman
• 4 different counting money task cards for each poster – students use the price on the poster to build a snowman worth that amount.
• Student recording sheet for drawing and coloring snowman for each task.
• Completed student sample.
❤️ Why You’ll L-O-V-E these counting money tasks!
• “These counting money tasks were great….I used them the week before break. The challenge ones were definitely challenging for my second graders but the regular ones were perfect. And I loved that the set was differentiated….my kids had no idea that different groups were working on very different math problems!” -Robin
• “These are great!! So creative….a perfect way to practice money.” -Discovering Hidden Potential
• “Fun addition to our money unit!” -Carah
• “My second graders love these. I love the ability to differentiate for all my learners. Great product!” -Lynda
• “Nice combination of posters and task cards, excellent visuals and a nice variety of counting money activities!” -Courage to the Core
◼️ Common Core Print and Go. Just print, post the cute snowmen posters, cut out the task cards, and get set for the fun and learning!
◼️ Laminate to use year after year!
✋ Looking for more engaging math activities? Check out these popular resources!
⭐ Just open the “Preview” to the right of the picture for a detailed look inside! ⭐