Thanksgiving Word Problems for Third Grade Differentiated
This Thanksgiving problem-solving packet of word problems comes in a Just Print version and a Google Slides™ version, too! Whether you have online learners or face-to-face learners, you’ll have what you need! Great for easing the stress of this busy time of year!
The digital version is ready to click and share immediately with students or parents for use during distance learning at home!
It will help your students truly understand word problems! The pages require students to use equations, visual representations, and words in a graphic organizer format.
Kids often find it hard to understand word problems. They frequently don’t know what computation or thinking is required to solve them. By providing them with a graphic organizer, you help them make sense of word problems instead of relying on tricks and keywords.
Giving your students this graphic organizer as a tool will make problem solving fun and engaging while at the same time building skills in a rigorous way! Great as a springboard for Math Talks!
This fun, academically-aligned no-prep resource includes 20 math problems for morning work, small groups, math workshop, guided math, homework, intervention, or independent practice.
❤️ What you will receive in the zip file:
- A printable version in black & white, which will save you hours – just print, laminate, or use sheet protectors and use year after year.
- Posters to print and display of the Essential Questions for your lessons.
- A poster of the main skills students will use to solve the word problems.
- An Answer Key.
- A PDF with a link to the digital version. There are step-by-step student directions with photos included.
❤️ Why you’ll L-O-V-E IT!
• “Great for centers!” -Amy
• “Great for the sub!” -Bonnie
• “Perfect for the season and for adding in story problem strategies!” –Hootn Hollar
• “These word problems are great practice for my early finishers, and I can differentiate among my groups.” –Lauren
This fun, academically-aligned print and go packet includes 20 math problems for morning work, small groups, math workshops, guided math, homework, intervention, or independent practice.
An answer key is included as well as posters of essential questions and one that lists some of the Common Core skills that students will be using to solve each problem.
▶️ Please note: this resource is included in a huge full year bundle of six different math packets which includes a total of 138 word problems just for 3rd grade! Purchasing the bundle will save you 50% compared to buying each product individually!!
*Click on the red words to the right of the picture for a detailed look inside!*