Reviewing money skills doesn’t have to be humdrum! These counting money task cards are motivating and fun, yet challenging!
There are five differentiated levels so all of your students can be working on “Building a Snowman” at the same time and at their very own level.
⭐ The finished tasks make a great interactive winter bulletin board!
Students use their money skills, as well as problem solving, to build a snowman equal to the given amount of money on each task card. They draw and color their snowman to show their solution to the challenge.
These tasks are great for using the guess and check problem solving strategy as well as reasoning!
The tasks are aligned to CCSS 2.MD.8 and CCSS Mathematical Practices.
►Here’s What’s Included:
• 5 different Snowman Posters with costs for individual items to build a snowman
• 4 different task cards for each poster – students use the price on the poster to build a snowman worth that amount.
• Student recording sheet for drawing and coloring snowman for each task.
• Completed student sample.
❤️ Why You’ll L-O-V-E it!
• “These were great….I used them the week before break. The challenge ones were definitely challenging for my second graders but the regular ones were perfect. And I loved that the set was differentiated….my kids had no idea that different groups were working on very different math problems!” -Robin
• “These are great!! So creative….a perfect way to practice money.” -Discovering Hidden Potential
• Fun addition to our money unit! -Carah
• “My second graders love these. I love the ability to differentiate for all my learners. Great product!” -Lynda
• “Nice combination of posters and task cards, excellent visuals and a nice variety of activities!” -Courage to the Core