Now in Digital and Print!
Engage your 3rd grade or 4th grade students in problem solving! These word problems have a graphic organizer that will help your students truly understand word problems and give them confidence in solving them! Plus, they have a NO PREP PRINT version and a NO PREP PAPERLESS version perfect for distance learning.
Whether you have online or face to face learners, you’ll have what you need!
There is a variety of leveled problems including problems with missing information. See below for a list of some of the Common Core skills students will use when solving the problems.
⭐ The pages require students to use equations, visual representations, and words in a graphic organizer format. A second cut-and-glue format adds an option for gluing problem strips into student math journals for solving. ⭐
Students can often easily solve computation problems but give them a word problem and everything goes crazy! They find it difficult to understand word problems and frequently don’t know what computation or thinking is required to solve them. Sometimes just getting started and finding an entry point is a struggle.
This problem solving graphic organizer helps students make sense of problems instead of relying on tricks and keywords.
Giving your students this graphic organizer as a tool will make word problem solving fun and engaging while at the same time building skills in a rigorous way!
◼️ Having the second cut-and-glue format gives you the option of allowing students who are confident with strategies to solve the problems in a math journal (spiral).
❤️ Why other teachers L-O-V-E this!
• “Love how the word problems progressively become more difficult, but the strategies for solving them follow the same format….visual, calculation and proving math with words.” -Sharon
•”Fun way to get students thinking and practicing problem solving strategies.” –Diane
• “We recently switched math series in my district, and this product is helping me to bridge some gaps for my students. I love that each page has plenty of space for students to respond. Excellent product!” –Fourth Grade Frenzy
• “I teach special education in 4th grade, and I really like how these word problems are challenging, but not too difficult. Exactly what I was looking for!” –Megan
• “These word problems have been my “go-to” for review in small groups.” –Gina
• “So helpful with my struggling students!” –Celina
• “Great way to get their brains thinking again at the beginning of the year!” -Karen
◼️ Have one of these problems ready to go on your SmartBoard when your kids enter your room. Also use them for Math Workshop, small group RTI, and homework.
◼️ They are fun while still being purposeful, Amazingly Effective, and rigorous.
▶️ Included are:
- 20 total word problems focused on all four computations and place value in a journal format. (3.OA.A.3, 3.OA.D.8)
- The same 20 problems in an additional cut-and-glue format. These problem strips may be glued into students’ math spiral notebooks.
- A digital version so whether your students are learning digitally or face-to-face, they can be doing the same problems.
- 4 word problems with missing information. Students determine what additional information is needed to answer the question.
- Three posters of different essential questions so you can choose the question that best meets the needs of your class.
- A poster that lists some of the Common Core skills that students will be using to solve each problem.
- Answer keys
▶️ Some of the Common Core Skills practiced are:
- Equal Groups
- Value of a Missing Number
⭐ Save 50%!! Click here to see the BUNDLE that includes a year of problem solving! ⭐
✋ Looking for more engaging math activities?! Check out these popular resources!
✅ Equivalent Fractions Task Cards Hands On
✅ Early Finishers: Activities for Gifted, Homework, & Extensions – BUNDLED!
✅ Multiplication and Division Bundle Concepts Games Facts Review Practice
See the preview for a detailed look inside!
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this resource brings a bit of inspiration your way! If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs. You can always reach me at [email protected]
Thanks for taking your time to peek inside this resource!
Have fun Mathing!
***Just a friendly reminder that this product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc…is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work!
© All rights reserved. Leah Popinski @summathfun.com
There are no reviews yet.