Money Counting Coins Games and Activities unit is JAM-PACKED with fun and differentiated money games! In addition, there are hands-on activities for everything you need to practice identifying coins and counting coins!
This packet covers 3 main standards/concepts:
- identifying coins (quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies)
- adding like coins
- adding mixed coins.
Additionally, these counting coins games and activities are extremely effective for practice and review. This is often a difficult skill. But, by using these activities, you will consequently have your students feeling confident and accomplished!
⭐You can also check out this blog post to see this resource in action! In addition, you’ll find how to differentiate your money unit. Also included is exactly what to teach next.
- Money Matters – also includes detailed teacher notes and tips
- Coin Poem Poster
- Coin Values Poster
- Student Money Reference Sheet
- Coin Comparison Map – Focus Skill: Recognizing coin attributes
- My Coin FlipBook – Focus Skill: Recognizing coins and their values
- Coin Exchange Mats – Focus Skill: Recognizing and counting coins
There are 2 versions for different levels of support
Additionally, there are directions for using the mats for lessons, as well as for The Coin Exchange Game
- Money Madness Game – Focus Skill: Coin Recognition
- Don’t Break the Bank Game – Focus Skill: Recognizing the values of each coin and also counting coins
- Counting Coins Match – Focus Skill: Counting coins and also finding the value of mixed coin amounts
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Key
✋ Looking for more engaging first and second-grade resources? Check out these popular resources!
- Math Challenges – Perfect for Early Finishers, Homework, & Extensions
- Money Word Problems – Financial Literacy
- Counting Money Worksheets – Differentiated
Thanks for taking your time to peek inside this resource!
Have fun Mathing!
***Just a friendly reminder that this product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. Hence copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, etc…is strictly prohibited. Thank you for respecting my work!
© All rights reserved. Leah Popinski @summathfun.com