These third grade word problems will help your students truly understand word problems! The pages require students to use equations, visual representations, and words in a graphic organizer format.
Kids often find it hard to understand word problems. They frequently don’t know what computation or thinking is required to solve them. By providing them with a graphic organizer, you help them make sense of problems instead of relying on tricks and keywords.
Giving your students this graphic organizer as a tool will make word problem solving fun and engaging while at the same time building skills in a rigorous way!
20 math problems for morning work, small groups, math workshop, guided math, homework, intervention, or independent practice.
At the bottom of each page, student’s write a short explanation that will “Convince Me” that their answer is correct. The last five problems in this packet have “missing information”. Students determine what additional information is needed to answer the question.
Included are posters of essential questions and one that lists some of the Common Core skills that students will be using to solve each problem. An answer key is also included.
♥ Why you’ll L-O-V-E it!
• “I absolutely love this resource! I love how the students have to represent their answers in three ways, visually, with an equation and with words. This is a great way for them to practice explaining mathematical thinking.” –Valerie
• “Great for problem-solving.” –Megan
• “Used in small groups! Loved it!” –Cassandra
• “These math adventures are providing unique opportunities for students to apply their cognitive abilities to solve interesting life situations. The students are experiencing authentic learning.” –Mary
• “I love this product and how it initiates higher order thinking.” –Shannon
• “Great for differentiation.” –Stephanie
• “This is just what my students needed!” –Tammy
▶️ Please note: this resource is included in a huge full year bundle of six different math packets which includes a total of 138 word problems just for 3rd grade! Purchasing the bundle will save you $$$ compared to buying each product individually!!