This resource is PRINT AND DIGITAL! These challenges are also great for Flipgrid prompts!
I’m done, now what? Tired of scrambling around looking for something for your fast finishers to do? This Early Finishers and Gifted – Homework Extensions – Bundled! of over 130 challenges is the answer!
We call this early finishers and gifted extensions or fast finishers challenges. But really these challenges can be used with ALL of your students and is wonderful for distance learning. THIS RESOURCE COMES IN PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL VERSIONS.
I created completely separate digital resources in color with movable pieces and interactive text boxes to amplify the fun factor. Then, I added a digital version to the print version with no extra cost to you! These challenges are highly engaging and motivating!
⭐ ALL PACKS now also include a completely digital version with interactive parts, not just overlays. Tons of fun for computer math centers! So very helpful!!
Over 130 activities perfectly aligned to the Common Core Mathematical Practices and Texas TEKS Process Standards! Each challenge was carefully crafted with problem-solving in mind.
Modalities vary so students stay highly engaged. With this resource, students will have rigorous work to do once they have completed assignments! You can make the print version into a booklet. Give it to your students or add it to your early finishers bin and tell them when they complete their assignment they can work on it. Assign the digital version through Google Classroom. Easy!
✹ The term “Smarty Pants” is not used in any student material.
►VARIETY OF USES FOR DIFFERENTIATION
This pack could be used in a variety of ways – class-wide, individual, homework, assessment, guided math groups, or intervention. You may choose to utilize this resource as a packet or use each page on its own. If you print the resources or assign them through Google Classroom, they will serve as meaningful work for students to complete when they are finished and are waiting for the rest of the class.
You will no longer spend hours looking for something to keep your early finishers engaged and learning, and you won’t hear, “I’m finished, what do I do now?” anymore!
For a quick video peek inside, click the link below.
Use these tasks for early finishers, gifted students, morning work, math warm-ups, math centers, or collaborative work.
►TARGETED MATHEMATICAL THINKING. NO FLUFF. RIGOROUS AND FUN!
These math tasks will have your third, fourth, and fifth graders thinking, reasoning, using math vocabulary, order of operations, mental math, and number sense!
They may also work well for some 6th graders. Please see the preview!
Prevent off-task behavior by keeping those eager minds engaged, motivated, and challenged with these tasks that promote mathematical thinking and reasoning. Each task is also a springboard for great mathematical classroom conversations!
Parents love seeing these come home for homework, too!
►EARLY FINISHERS AND GIFTED EXTENSIONS – VARIETY OF USES FOR INSTRUCTION
1. Intervention– For students who need that extra boost, this is a great opportunity to teach and practice problem solving and many other math skills. It is a wonderful way to build mathematical confidence in students, too!
2. Early Finishers – You could use this product as a packet for students to work on independently until everyone is done. Math for Smarty Pants contains meaningful, rigorous, engaging activities that assure students are working on important skills instead of busywork.
3. Homework or Independent Work During Math Centers – Students should be able to do complete these challenges independently with little or no instruction using problem solving skills and mental math.
5. Guided Math – Especially if you have limited time, these activities are perfect for guided math groups. You can focus on a problem solving strategy, such as guess and check, use logical reasoning, work backward, and look for patterns.
❤️ Why you’ll L-O-V-E this:
- “Awesome for centers and extra time fillers. Really made my higher kiddos think.” –Megan
- “I have these in my early finishers bins and they have been a big hit! My kids think they are fun and I love that they challenge them to think outside the box!” –Alexis
- “Great resource for the “What do I do now?” moments. –TpT Buyer
- “A wonderful daily challenge to begin our summer Math session – exactly what I was looking for.” –Penny
- “These have been great to have on hand for my early finishers!” –Ramblings from Rachel
- “This has been an awesome supplement for my students! Challenging, yet attainable.” -Coal City Intermediate School F.
✋ Want to know more about what’s included? Click on the links below to view the individual previews for each resource!
- Early Finishers and Gifted: Math Challenges #1: Answer Key Included
- Early Finishers and Gifted: Math Challenges #2: Answer Key Included
- Early Finishers and Gifted: Math Challenges #3: Answer Key Included
- Place Value Number Sense Task Cards: These Tasks are Open-Ended. An answer key is not provided since there are many possible answers to each task.
❤️ All activities are no prep! Just print, laminate or use sheet protectors, and use year after year! Or use the digital versions to increase engagement even more!
✋ Looking for more engaging math activities?! Check out these popular resources!
✅ Early Finishers & Gifted Math Activities – Logic – Reasoning – Problem Solving
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this resource brings a bit of inspiration your way! If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs. You can always reach me at [email protected]