Use these critical thinking open-ended activities for morning work to get your students’ mathematical thinking revved up or for early finishers, centers, collaborative work, and tasks for gifted learners. These place value number sense task cards are a great tool to use in the classroom to help your students begin thinking mathematically.
❤️ Why You’ll L-O-V-E this!
- “I wish I had found these six weeks ago.” –Peggy
- “This activity is great to begin a lesson as a number talk. It engages the students to begin thinking mathematically. The children look forward to starting math with these.” –Christina
- “Place value is such a problem for some students and your product is helping many of my challenged learners make sense of it.” –Robin
- “Great math extension!” –Emily
- “These definitely challenged my kiddos. Loved them!” –Barnes’ Bright Ideas
- “This was great for my What’s Next wall.” –Ariale
There are 18 place value number sense task cards with a total of ★54 tasks★ in this packet!! Each challenge includes the use of Common Core Mathematical Practices and the Texas TEKS Process Standards. If you need your kids using place value to think, reason, and use number sense, you need this!
❤️ Just print, laminate or use sheet protectors, and use year after year!
✋ Looking for more engaging Math activities?! Check out these popular resources!
✅ Early Finishers: Activities for Gifted, Homework, & Extensions – BUNDLED!
✅ Early Finishers & Gifted Math Activities – Logic – Reasoning – Problem Solving
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this resource brings a bit of inspiration your way! If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs. You can always reach me at [email protected]