Spring Graphing with First and Second Grades
Graphing in the Spring graphing is filled with cute bugs, insects, and flowers. These Spring math activities have bar graphs and picture graphs about the ladybugs, butterflies, other insects, and flowers in Lily’s garden. It is super engaging and fun. ✏️ No Prep! Just print!
There is an original story to give context and meaning to the graphs and questions in Spring graphing. The story helps students visualize the action in the questions and makes them tons more fun!
The graphs and questions are sequenced in order of difficulty to help you differentiate for all the levels of understanding in your classroom.
Additionally, students learn to think beyond the data presented to the “what if”, such as, “What if five more butterflies come? How many butterflies would there be?”
Students fill in frame and solution sentences for each question.
► Here’s What’s Included:
- I Can Statement (Learning Target)
- Essential Question Poster
- Lily’s Garden story
- What Color Butterfly? bar graph
- What Color Butterfly? picture graph
- What Color Butterfly? 4 questions (easy)
- What Color Butterfly? 4 questions (more difficult)
- How Many Bugs? bar graph
- How Many Bugs? picture graph
- How Many Bugs? 4 questions (easy)
- How Many Bugs? 4 questions (more difficult)
- What Kind of Flower? bar graph
- What Kind of Flower? picture graph
- What Kind of Flower? 4 questions (easy
- What Kind of Flower? 3 questions plus a “challenge question”
❤️ Just print, laminate, or use sheet protectors, and use them year after year as a math center!
✋ Looking for more engaging math activities? Check out these popular resources!
✅ Graphing at the Zoo Tally Marks Picture Graphs Bar Graphs No Prep
✅ Earth Day Games and Activities First Second Grades
✅ Spring Coloring Pages – Place Value – Color by Number
*Click on the PREVIEW for a detailed look inside!*
Thanks for taking your time to peek inside this resource!
Have fun Mathing!
***Just a friendly reminder that this product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc…is strictly prohibited. Thank you for respecting my hard work!
© All rights reserved. Leah Popinski @summathfun.com