Thanksgiving Activities – Common Core – Print and Go! –
Engage your 2nd grade students with these fun Thanksgiving addition and subtraction word problems that have a great graphic organizer that requires the use of equations, visual representations, and words in a graphic organizer format. Kids often find it hard to understand word problems. When you provide them with a graphic organizer, you help them make sense of a problem instead of relying on tricks and keywords.
Great for independent practice, homework, math centers, or for small group RTI work. Practices depth and complexity at this skill level.
By providing your students with the right tools, you make word problem practice fun and engaging while building skills and being rigorous!
Here’s What’s Included:
*Original Read Aloud Story – gives a setting and context for the problems to allow for easier visualization
*20 Word Problems – one problem per page with space for Visual Representation, Equation, and a Solution Sentence for each.
*Word Bank – for reading support of all problems
❤️Here’s why other teachers L-O-V-E these!
- “Excellent graphic organizer for problem solving. Aligns well with common core.” –Natalie
- “Fun problems to do the day before Thanksgiving break!” -Christine
- “Great independent word problem practice for math rotations.” –Julie
- “These are great to supplement kid’s problem solving practice.” –Maria
- “I’ve been using this product with my 2nd graders for the past week and am seeing wonderful results! Love the structure.” –Lisa
❤️Great for homeschooling families too!
✋Looking for more engaging 2nd grade resources?! Check out these popular resources!