Place Value Activities: Third Grade Common Core Centers for Review & Practice
These activities will make practicing place value so much fun for your students! And . . . well, when things are “fun” kids just remember them better. Yay for remembering what they’ve learned!!
▶️ Additionally, these centers have EASY set up for you!
▶️ Importantly, each place value activity is perfect for keeping students engaged and challenged while you pull small groups for differentiation.
❤️ Just print, laminate, or use sheet protectors, and use them year after year!
✂️ Teacher Note:
For all the cards to be cut out, I made the lines around them wide so that you can overlay them to cut several at a time and still stay “in the lines”. This makes set-up even faster and saves you teacher-time! 🙂
⭐ Student-Friendly ⭐
- Cute graphics
- Fun and engaging activities make kids feel “smart”
- I Can Statements
- Easy directions on all activities
⭐ Teacher-Friendly ⭐
- Common Core Aligned to third grade place value standards
- Detailed teacher notes, tips, and ideas
- Enduring Understandings Posters
- Essential Questions Posters
- Standards Posters
- EASY set-up
⭐ Included Resources ⭐
- Rounding Center 1 – Match 2-digit numbers rounded to the nearest 10
- Rounding Center 2 – Match 3-digit numbers rounded to the nearest 100
- Rounding Center 3 – Match 3-digit numbers (0 in the one’s place) rounded to the nearest 10
- Rounding Center 4 – Match 3-digit numbers rounded to the nearest 10
- The Biggest Number – Dice game for ordering numbers. Three different games for ordering 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit numbers. Great for differentiating!
- Place Value Roll It! → Four In A Row Game Board – Classifying numbers based on the meaning of place value
- Cover the Pumpkin! → Board Game – Recognize numbers in expanded form
- Build-a-Turkey → Puzzle-Like Game – Recognize numbers in expanded form
❤️ Great for homeschooling families too!
Thanks for taking your time to peek inside this resource!
Have fun Mathing!
***Just a friendly reminder that this product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. Strictly prohibited is copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc. Thank you for respecting my work!
© All rights reserved. Leah Popinski @summathfun.com
There are no reviews yet.