Summer Packet – Math “homework” for second graders going into third grade.
First, you’ll find that this summer math packet is JAM PACKED with activities that are extremely effective! Next, you’ll note that students who need short, engaging work that they can do independently are extremely engaged and actually complete these tasks – even without parent support.
These are also terrific for math warm-ups, too.
My school had incredible results using these summer activities! As a matter of fact, we were able to reduce the amount of re-teaching time at the beginning of the year from 6 weeks to two weeks!⭐ Tested with proven results! ⭐
Additionally, there are two different versions. The first has two weeks per page for less copying. The second version has one week per page providing more space for students’ work.
Also included are:
- Parent Letter
- Cover Page for Student Packets
- June Calendar
- July Calendar
- August Calendar
- 20 Math Daily Activities for Each Month (Weekends are not included)
Student recording sheets are not included. Students record their answers and thinking right in each calendar, consequently, no extra recording sheets are needed. This is also a HUGE PAPER-SAVER as well as less confusing for students, too!
In addition, this Summer Math Packet includes:
- Spiraled through the twelve weeks are Common Core and TEKS standards.
- A parent letter with information about the research that shows how much math learning students can lose over the summer break.
- Activities that are perfect to use for summer school math warm-ups.
- Included is information on how we used my Summer Review Packets at my school to reduce reteaching time at the beginning of the year.
Besides all of this, more details on how my school used Sum Summer Fun as a school-wide project to reduce the re-teaching time at the beginning of the year are included!
You can also receive more tips and ideas anytime by e-mailing me at [email protected] 🤓
✋ Looking for more fun review activities for second grade math? Check out these popular activities!
- Summer Addition Games
- Addition and Subtraction Fact Fluency Activities – First & Second Grade Math
- Early Finishers – Math Enrichment – Homework – Extensions
*Click on the PREVIEW for a detailed look inside!*
Thanks for taking your time to peek inside this resource!
Have fun Mathing!
***Just a friendly reminder that this product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. Strictly prohibited is the copying or sharing of any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc. Thank you for respecting my hard work!
© All rights reserved. Leah Popinski @summathfun.com