Are you struggling to keep your students focused and learning during the end-of-year chaos? Look no further than this fun and engaging end-of-year math scavenger hunt from Sum Math Fun!
💻📋With both digital and print versions available, these no-prep activities are perfect for reviewing all the math skills your students have learned throughout the year. The end-of-year math scavenger hunts include a variety of word problems. Your students will love the fun and relatable scenarios, such as Mrs. Digs buying supplies for her new garden in the 3rd-grade set
to Mr. Baker‘s roast,
and Candy Barr‘s recess (elapsed time),
to the 4th grade complete end-of-year math scavenger hunt with Mr. Dusty Homes’ cleaning service (division with remainders and rounding)
and Mr. Jed Eye‘s end-of-year gifts (adding decimal numbers and rounding),
HERE’S HOW THE END OF YEAR MATH SCAVENGER HUNTS WORK
You may choose to have students work independently or with a partner, promoting math talk and discussion.
- Post the problems around the room or on student desks.
- Give pairs of students or individual students the recording sheet. They will also need something like a clipboard to write on and a pencil.
- Have students all go to a different problem page. Although problems are numbered, there is not an order. It is circular.)
- Students read the problem and find an answer.
- Next, they scan the other posted problems to find their answer in the upper right-hand box that says, “The Answer To YOUR Problem Is…”.
- Students move to that problem, find the answer, and repeat the process until they have completed all of the end-of-year scavenger hunt math problems.
What’s more, the scavenger hunt is self-checking, allowing students to identify and correct errors on their own. With no need for you to spend valuable teacher-time checking student answers, you can sit back and enjoy the learning and fun.
Try out the free version of this end-of-year math scavenger hunt, which includes five problems, and watch your students stay engaged and learning until the very end of the school year.
Subscribe below to have your freebie delivered straight to your inbox.
⭐ Do you seem to always need more word problems? 🙋🏾♀️🙋🏻♀️🙋♀️🙋🏼♀️
You can find many more by clicking the links below. I also created math scavenger hunts to use throughout the year. You can find them HERE.
And as always,